Pender County Responsible Board Governance
|Dates:||May 13-14, 2014 Other Dates|
|Meets:||Tue, Wed 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM 2 sessions|
Notes: Thank you for participating in a QENO program at UNCW. Trainings will occur from 3:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. both days. Snacks will be provided. Please bring to the training a copy of your organizations' mission statement, bylaws, and the agenda from your last board meeting. Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of May 11, 2014. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
In Module 3: Board Revitalization you will:
- Learn how to perform each of the 8 steps in the board revitalization cycle
- Examine how a board governance committee can benefit your boards revitalization
- Create a board matrix to assess your boards current assets and identify board needs
- Learn how to create a board recruitment plan
- Discuss the importance of a well-designed board member orientation and some best practices
- Create ways to keep your board members motivated and engaged
- Discuss the importance of board terms and bringing new people to the table
Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of 10/2/16. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.