Onslow County Responsible Board Governance
|Dates:||May 14-15, 2014 Other Dates|
|Meets:||3:00 PM to 6:30 PM 2 sessions|
Notes: Thank you for participating in a QENO program at UNCW. Trainings will occur from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm both days. Please bring to the training a copy of your organizations' mission statement, bylaws, and the agenda from your last board meeting. Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of May 12, 2014. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
In Module 3: Board Revitalization you will:
1. Learn how to perform each of the 8 steps in the board revitalization cycle
2. Examine how a board governance committee can benefit your boards revitalization
3. Create a board matrix to assess your boards current assets and identify board needs
4. Learn how to create a board recruitment plan
5. Discuss the importance of a well-designed board member orientation and some best practices
6. Create ways to keep your board members motivated and engaged
7. Discuss the importance of board terms and bringing new people to the table
Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of 4/18/16. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.