Brunswick County Responsible Board Governance
|Dates:||June 18-24, 2014 Other Dates|
|Meets:||4:00 PM to 7:00 PM 2 sessions|
|Location:||Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.|
Notes: Thank you for participating in a QENO program at UNCW. Trainings will occur from 4pm to7pm both days. Please bring to the training a copy of your organizations' mission statement, bylaws, and the agenda from your last board meeting.
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
You will learn to:
- Understand board member roles and responsibilities, board oversight & accountability
- Develop an understanding of board structure and bylaws
- Become familiar with legal and social accountability, ethics and conflicts of interest
- Effectively apply tools to maximize board meetings, board member recruitment, orientation and training
- Differentiate between board and staff roles
Trainings will occur from 4 pm to 7pm both days.
Refunds/Cancellations: If you withdraw from a class 4 working days prior to the first day of class, you are entitled to a full refund minus a $10 cancellation fee, unless stated otherwise in the program description. If the class is cancelled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.